Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Bosch dryer smells like electrical burning when running

Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Is the machine running as it should other then the smell?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No it gets very hot. It is drying but smells like burning so I unplug it! Have cleaned duct as well

Ok this generally means the vent inside the machine is plugged, the location the dryer normally gets plugged is just below where the lint filter installs.

Another problem is lint building up on the heater chamber. The best thing to do here would be to clean the inside of the machine and also inside the vent. If the problem continues then it likely the heater has a problem or the control board.

I would clean the machine out first this is allot more likely the problem.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please reply with any further questions you may have.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

after I unplug can I just vacuum or do I need to get a brush into dryer through vent into dryer? To properly clean do I need to call someone to do it (ie take it apart ) or can I do myself??

If you are comfortable using tools you can take the machine apart yourself and use the vacuum cleaner to clear all the lint out of the machine. You can normally do this by pulling the machine out from the wall, un plug the unit and remove the rear panel. You can also pull the lint filter out and slide a dryer attachment down the slot and vacuum out the lint.

Thanks!

Mike.

Hi ,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,