Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Maytag Bravos Gas Dryer model # XXXXX serial

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Bravos Gas Dryer
model # XXXXX
serial # XXXXX
The lights come on but it does not start when you hit the start button
I had a service man check it out today and he said all the thirmisters and door switch and all the other parts checks ok with a meter
he thinks it's in the control panel at the top do you have any suggestions???
Thanx
Tarry Beard
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Do you hear a click when you start the machine, even though the motor does not start?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

no just a chime and the start button continues to flash

have you heard of an error F55 ? when the service man was here he went into diagnostics and a F55 came up on the screen

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
That error code is not valid, leading me to believe the control is faulty, also supported by the lack of a click sound. I would recommend replacing the control, pictured and available below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Control <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

what happens if it does not start then?

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Well, the control can be sent back for a full refund and we continue, but we know the control has issues with the strange code and erratic flashing operation.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Kelly, I have purchased the control board and installed it and it still does not work where do we go from here

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Is it doing the same thing? Did you order that board through the link I sent you?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

yes it is doing the same thing the lights come on but it does not start

yes I ordered the board from the link you sent me so where do we go from here???

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
The next step is to test the thermal fuse in the base of the machine, but with the F55, I don't expect it to be faulty. Do you have a meter to test with and are you able to moderately disassemble the dryer?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

yes I have a meter I can test it with and I can disassemble the dryer

where do I find the thermal fuse at?

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

ok if they both check ok what is next?

or where do I get either of those parts and are they very expensive it might be worth it to just replace them?

I won't be able to work any longer tonight so I will have to take it apart tomorrow and do the tests

how do I get a hold of you tomorrow and do I have to keep paying every time I want to ask you another question, the website wanted my credit card AGAIN

so far the problem has not been solved

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Just the white thermal fuse will keep it from starting. You can just save the URL to your favorites and certainly do not need to pay again.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I will work on it tomorrow.

Can you make sure I don't get charged for contacting you today?

I will get a hold tomorrow evening with what I find out

thanx

Tarry Beard

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
As long as you don't offer another rating, you will not be charged. Just use the reply button. and you will not be charged anything.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

my dryer does not look exactly like your picture, your tunnel looks square & mine is round - I see 3 modules on the side of your tunnel - 1 you circled in RED & my tunnel has only 2 at the top. These 2 & the 2 (one you circled in blue) on the white exhaust fan all checked out OK. Where do I go from here?

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
That is correct, the pictures are from an electric dryer, but they use the same white thermal fuse. Any continuity through that fuse?

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Yes - What's next?

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
So now we need to test the voltage out of the control board.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

ok, How do I do that?

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
There is one more switch that we need to look at and that is the belt switch. When the belt is on, there is a switch that should be closed. It is mounted below the motor and will have a light blue wire attached to it and then a wire to the motor. Does it show continuity when it is supposed to?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

yes, what should I check next?

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Okay, now we need the door switch reconnected and the door shut. Start the dryer and measure the power out of the dryer on the P9-1 light blue wire, measuring for 120 VAV from that wire to ground.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

should I put the drum back in & mount the door back unto the dryer?

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
You can, but I would probably just put the door panel back close enough to get the harness connected. We may need to do more testing inside.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

that was in the control board that I just replaced right?

there was no voltage from the light blue wire to ground

What does that mean? What do I check next?

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
So that means the board is not energizing the relay. The door switch was hooked up and the door closed, right?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Yes, When I open the door the lights & the control panel lights flash.

So it the board isn't energizing the relay, what does that mean or what do I check next?

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
So, when you now start the machine, is the display still flashing?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

yes, what's next?

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Does it beep when you press start still?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

yes, where do I go from here?

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
The board or the door switch is not closing. Can you test the door switch contacts when it is closed?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

When I open & close the door the light on the inside goes on & off. And I can hear the relay clicking on the control board.

How else could I check the door switch, it seems to me it's working.

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
There are two contacts in there. One closes to activate the light and the other closes to confirm the door is closed. There is a terminal on the door marked DOOR with a tan wire going to it, p8-4 on the board. With the door closed, test between that and the P8-3 white wire right next to it for continuity.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Yes, there is continuity with the door closed, when I open the door there is no continuity. What do I check next?

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
There is nothing else to check, the control is not working.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

that is the new control that I purchased from your link.

what do I do next

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Send that control back and request a new one, there is nothing else that will cause that, we have checked everything else.