Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

GEW9250PW1 Dryer duet will not start. I press the first button

Customer Question

GEW9250PW1 Dryer duet will not start. I press the first button then I oree the green, but it just heeps once and does not start. I unplugged it and it sat all day. I plugged it again and it did the same thing! Cant aford a servife tech, can I fix this myself?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Do you hear a click near the top of the machine, too?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes, clicks when I press start. Then nothing. I usually hold start button then it would start!

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Thank you! Do you have a meter to test continuity with?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

No. Do you think its the board?

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Well, there are two things that will cause this, one is the board (not likely) and the other is the thermal fuse (most likely and very common). There is a thermal fuse behind the lower access panel under the door. Once that panel is removed, you will need to remove the lint filter housing and then you will see the fuse, shown as number 59 in the diagram and pictured below. You can remove the wires from that fuse and tape them together to bypass it and see if the fuse is the faulty part since you don't have a meter. Make sure you unplug the dryer before disassembly and replace that fuse if it starts when bypassed.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Thermal Fuse <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Can I get this part at a sears parts place?

being that its a whirlpool?

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Sure, it is part number(NNN) NNN-NNNNand a very common part, so any appliance parts house should have it in stock.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I was able to replace the part. Actually the thermal fuse was located at front. I had removed the rear panel thinking it was at rear. I was able to reach it at front and remove it and I also cleaned the inside of dryer with dry vac. I picked up the part at a Sears parts store. I actually had a meter to test the continuity of the old part, I forgot that I had one.Thanks for all your detailed info. I will be recommending this site to my friends.

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
That is great news, very well done! Glad it was nothing major! I should have been more specific about the area, besides "behind the access panel under the door." Sorry about that.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for everything, great job!

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Thank you very much, I appreciate that! Keep me in mind for the next appliance issue, I will be here!