Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

The front felt seal on my dryer is sticking out into the dryer

The front felt seal on my dryer is sticking out into the dryer where the two ends meet. Can I operate the dryer in this condition or should I take the front off of the dryer and try fix it?
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! If you continue to run it like this, the seal will get caught and be pulled totally off. You can likely reach that seal without totally disassembling the dryer. Open the door and remove the two screws on each side of the door opening and the front panel (number 24) will pull off, allowing access so you can reach the seal and get it back where it should be. Make sure you unplug the dryer before you remove the front panel and please let me know if you have trouble.