Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Kenmore HE 2. The starter mechanism seems not to work.

I have a Kenmore HE 2. The starter mechanism seems not to work. I cannot get any turnover of the drum or drying system. The clock works. Air filters are clean. it just doesn't start.

Good evening, On these dryers its the thermal fuse that goes, what you need to do is tip the machine back and the are screws holding the access panel under the door on, remover the panel and the thermal fuse is on the blower assembly. the thermal fuse is number 4 on this diagram. the panel you need to remove is number 40 on this diagram heres a link to order the part. thermal fuse I hope this helps. thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This response was incorrect. The problem is not in the heating mechanism but in the control panel. This I knew already.

the control panel was shot ? that's unusual for this model. Sorry , Sometimes its difficult to diagnose every problem on line.