Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My freezer stopped working the other day. I noticed that the

My freezer stopped working the other day. I noticed that the lighted number in the top left side of the door was not 0 but L7. I unplugged the freezer and plugged it back up. It then registered 5. Last night I noticed the indicator was d. I unplugged it again and plugged it back up. It registered 5 again. Are these codes, and is my freezer going out?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you and see if these are error codes for your model? The model number would be located on a sticker near the ceiling.

And after you unplugged the unit, did it start working again when the 5 showed on the screen?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not at home at the moment. Yes it began to work.

So these are typical error codes for Frigidaire since most error codes on Frigidaire are just numbers. But that being said, if the unit completely stops working and unplugging the unit and plugging it back in gets the unit back and running, your problem with be the control board itself because even if something else was creating an error, resetting the power wouldn't reset any other problem than the problem with the control board.