Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have an older GE Profile range, Model # XXXXX I need

I have an older GE Profile range, Model # XXXXX I need to replace the dual element rangetop burner but can't find one with the post type mounting studs from local parts suppliers. Is there a retro-fit kit or are the old style burners still available?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

As you look at the stove from the front which burner are you looking for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Right front - dual burner.

I have removed the old burner and it (as are all of the burner elements in my stove) is attached with two posts that project from the bottom of the burner element assembly and fasten to the stove cross bracket with spacer springs and push clips. Apparently, the newer style elements are held in place with 3 clips. The replacement element does not have any attaching posts.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Generally Mike when the manufacturer changes the design they will supply a kit with the burner so it can be retro-fitted.

Click here to order the replacement Burner

Now if this burner is the new style and it does not fit your stove then the only other thing to do is replace the burner mount also.

This is basically the sheet of metal the burner sits on.

Click here

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please reply with any further questions you may have.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry Mike. Nothing new from you. Since I have already bought the new style part and discovered that it doesn't fit your comments are much help.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
let me see if i can find the old part number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I went on the GE site. Looked up the part on their parts diagram, drawing item 71 shows the P/n to be WB30T10044. That's what I purchased but there are no attachment posts on this assembly. All of the "on-line" tutorials reference three clips to retain the element assembly to the stove bracket "rails" but this doesn't work for my stove. I can't find p/n's for the brackets or the clips. I would consider buying the bracket/rail and a set of clips. Concerned about remounting the left hand front burner to a new style rail if this is my only option. I suppose that I could drill holes on the new bracket to accept the existing left hand burner or replace that element with a new style unit. Might be time to look at a new stove. Expensive.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Did you take the unit apart and look at what held the old burner in place?, the posts are a separate item and should come off the old burner then attach to the new one, I'm not sure I understood your original post, are you saying the new burner does not fit the posts or your original burner didn't have posts?

I have looked this up and the new burner should require the posts which the old burner should be sat on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks that solves the problem - too simple.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok Thanks Mike :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.