Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Frigidare dishwasher, 6 months old. The soap door

I have a Frigidare dishwasher, 6 months old. The soap door will open, but the dishes are not clean after the running cycle. The soap appears to just run down the side of the door. Help?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the soap running down the inside of the door means that water is not spraying up into the dispenser properly. Run a cycle with no dishes in the dishwasher and see if the dispenser flushes out properly. If so, then the problem has to do with the way you're loading the dishes. Make sure you don't stack very many dishes in the lower front left quadrant of the dishwasher because water needs to pass through this area to flush out the dispenser.

Now if it doesn't flush out correctly even without any dishes inside the dishwasher, clean the holes on the wash arms with toothpicks in case something is clogging one or more of the wash arm holes. Also, remove the lower filter below the bottom wash arm and make sure the filters aren't clogged.

If it still won't wash properly, then you need to call warranty because something is wrong with your pump or your water getting into the dishwasher, but either way the issue would be covered by warranty if you're sure you have a good water supply from the house.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!