Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

ge monogram induction countertop,,,controle lock stuck on already

ge monogram induction countertop,,,controle lock stuck on

already remove power via breaker but still on
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you!

To unlock the cooktop:

Touch and hold the CONTROL LOCK pad
for 5 seconds.A two-beep signal will sound, and
the CONTROL Lock light will go out, indicating
that the cooktop is unlocked.

Let me know what happens, please!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

already done that...doesnt work

Okay, does it beep but not unlock or not even beep? How long did you leave the breaker off for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no beep....and i leave the breaker off almost 12 hours

Okay, so any electronic "glitch" would have reset after a 12 hour power cycle. I believe the board that detects the touching of the control is faulty. That board is number 10 in the diagram below. It is also available at the link below. If you would like replacement instructions, I am happy to upload them for you. However, please know that you will need to totally disassemble the appliance to replace it, risking breakage of the top (which is showing NLA), so, you may wish to call for professional repair and allow the company to assume that responsibility! Just let me know I am happy to provide you with whatever you would like!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

why not just fix the board?

There are no board repairs for two reasons; they are made up of SMT, or Surface Mount Technology, components that require special equipment to handle and solder. The second reason is that GE does not release any information regarding their specific components, that is highly guarded, proprietary information.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank gone cost me a lot of money to repair a 2 years cooktop....but it s not your fault...thank you for your reponse

You are very welcome. YOu may call GE, they may provide the part at no cost!

In the USA call(NNN) NNN-NNNN