Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a GE commercial dryer model DNCD450EA0WC. It only heats

I have a GE commercial dryer model DNCD450EA0WC. It only heats on the outer coil. I have taken it apart and cleaned everything. All the lint is removed and same thing. I switched the wires around on the coils and the inner coil heats up. It runs continuously until the clothes are dry but it takes forever. Any suggestions?

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

The sensors have nothing to do with elements not working, since you have already determined that the element is still good, which would have been my first test also. This goes directly to the control panel for different heating cycles, so you have a bad relay on the control board that controls the inner coils. you will need to replace that board, you can click on the blue link below to order the correct board for your dryer.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

User Control and Display Board WE4M296         Main Product View

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is it possible to replace the bad relay and not the whole board?
There is no break down of the control board to tell you which one needs to be replaced, These units for the last 20 years have been board level repairs, if you cannot trouble shoot which one controls it and can find the correct relay to replace on it, FANTASTIC! Otherwise replacement of the entire board is needed..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok. Thank you for saving me a lot of time and aggravation.

Glad I could help..

Enjoy the weekend!