Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Bosch shx7er55uc dishwasher. It makes a strange water

I have a Bosch shx7er55uc dishwasher. It makes a strange water "sloshing" sound across the top of the door when it's washing. Sloshing is the best way to describe it. Normally it's very quiet, but when it really gets washing, this sound is very noticeable. This normal?
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The upper spray arm will spray some water around the top part of the door, but if the noise is a new noise, you may have some restriction in the water recirculation pressure. Clean the filter as well as the area below the filter. Make sure all of the holes in the spray arms are clear and run about 1 liter of white distilled vinegar through a long wash cycle. That will assure that all of the water paths are clean and water pressure is as good as it can be.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just installed it, so for me, this is not a new noise. It's been this way since I first installed it (less than a week ago). The sloshing sounds like water hitting the top door seal (the white seal that runs along the top). There is no leaks, so I know the seal is good. I'll check the spray arms and do a vinegar rinse as well.

If it is new, then the noise is normal. There will be water sloshing noises when the water sprays and they may change with the placement of the dishes. If you have bowls on the top rack, for instance, they may divert the water differently than plates, etc. I suspect the noise is normal and nothing to worry about.