Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

my kitchenaid dishwasher will not start all of the cycle lights

my kitchenaid dishwasher will not start all of the cycle lights are light (heavy duty,normal,light/china rinse) as well as the start and cancel light. model # XXXXX bought in 08
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Are the lights on the control panel solid or are they flashing?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

heavy duty and normal wash are flashing fast and in sequence

OK so flashing lights on the control panel is actually an error code to sell you that your touchpad is shorted. If you've tried to cut power and that didn't reset the issue, then try to reset the control board. I doubt you can reset the control board since the touchpad isn't working, but to do this turn the dishwasher off if you can. Chose any 3 buttons on the control panel. Press them in the following sequence, 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between each button push.

Now turn the dishwasher off again if you can and that would normally reset the control board. If that doesn't work, the entire touch control panel will need to be ordered and replaced because it's shorted I'm afraid to say.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!