Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have a GE built in oven/microwave unit. The model number

We have a GE built in oven/microwave unit. The model number is XXXXX to read but is something like JTP8580xxx. Te build date was sometime in 1997. The microwave part works fine but neither the bake nor broil coils will heat up. Can I just replace the coils? It would seem unlikely that both would fail at the same time.
Hello, My name isXXXXX will be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back. Okay so neither the bake or broil work so I kinda doubt the elements both went out unless they went at different times, did they or did they both stop working at once ? the parts are available and I believe the high limit thermostat is most like the issue. did both go out at once ? High Limit Thermostat WB24T10033      Main Product View
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My wife (the expert on this) says the broil went out about 1 month before the bake stopped working. As the bake unit was failing there was a clicking sound from the oven. Now no clicking sound and no heat from either the bake or broil units. The self cleaning feature will work as far as locking the oven door and showing as cleaning on the display but no heat there either.
okay I see. If you heard clicking before it went that was the relay on the oven control board. Since you don't hear any click now it means the control has failed , that is Not available unfortunately. Its showing no longer available.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Does that mean my oven is ruined and will need to be replaced?
unfortunately yes. the age is why, they stopped making the control and it shows NLA I'm sorry for the bad news. thanks and have a great night, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
One last thing. Can I replace the oven separately from the microwave. P?

No on this unit you cant because the control are all together on this one. I wish I had better news, sorry