Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I Have A MDB7749AWW1 Maytag Dishwasher And I Have Replaced

I Have A MDB7749AWW1 Maytag Dishwasher And I Have Replaced The Control Board And This Did Not Fix The Problem. When I Push Start Button On The Touch panel Nothing Happens And The Lite For The Start Button Does Not Come On. I Tried Resetting The Board By Pushing High Temp Wash And Heated Dry Buttons 3 Times.
The Dishwasher Proceeded To Go Through A Quick Cycle Of Wash, Dry And Clean. Then It Went Back To Wash But The Pump Did Not Come On. Is The Touch Panel A Possible Cause Of This Problem?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Yes, the touch pad is likely the cause of the problem, This means the control panel not the control board will need to be replaced.

You can try one thing before you replace the control panel, That would be to gently heat the control panel touch pad with a hair dryer then massage the buttons, Hopefully the shorting button will release.

If this did not help then the touch pad (control panel) would need to be replaced.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please reply with any further questions you may have.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where Specifically Do you Direct The Blow Dryer? All The Lights Are On And Have Not Gone Out. Where Is The Shorting Button? Is It In The Control Board? Has 2 Wires Going To It?

The touch pad has a ribbon wire that runs to it David, point the dryer at the touch pad, warm this up gently, once it is warm gently massage the buttons on the touch pad.

The reason you are having this problem is because one of the buttons has shorted likely the start button.

Click here to view the replacement part

Thanks!

Mike.

Hi David,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,