Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

my maytag dryer has power to the outlet and I can hear the

my maytag dryer has power to the outlet and I can hear the timer but it wont come on
There is a small thermal fuse located next to the heating element, this is a common problem, you will need to replace the fuse. It comes with instructions with the part. If you click on the blue link below you can order the correct part.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have checked the fuse and on my ohms meter it has sound

You checked that small one near the terminals to the heating element or the large one on top?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I checked the large on and it was ok. It was the small one by the heating element. Thanks

Your welcome?