Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  15yrs experience

My Soleus gree dehumidifier stops running after a few minutes.

My Soleus gree dehumidifier stops running after a few minutes. Yes, I have cleaned the
filter well. Also, I have it operating so that the water runs into a hose rather than
collecting in the bucket. It should operate on "continuous", but that light does not
come on. Please advise what I should do. Thank you.
[email protected]

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

How old is the dehum. When you turn on the machine. What lights up, or displays? One last question, does the fan turn on, maybe even here the compressor kick on as well before it shuts off. Any information that you can give would be of great assistance. Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've cleaned the filter. The Power button lights, so does the

% humidity, and the fan speed button. I hear the fan, but

I do not hear the compressor kick on.

Is the dehum over 1 yr old?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, probably 2 or 3 years old.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, dehum of probably 2 or 3 years old.

It sounds like the compressor may be faulty. You would only be able to verify that with a volt meter to see if it is getting voltage as it should. If no voltage then control board would be the next culprit. On thing to try if you have not already is to unplug the unit for a couple minutes, plug back in. See if it works for you. If you are not comfortable with electricity, you may want to hire a service company to take this further for you. If the compressor does not come on, a you posted, then voltage would have to be tested for after you try the unplug thing. I hope this helps. If may not be what you were hoping for, but it sounds like the problem is in that area. Thanks Please let me know if I can assist you further. If I have assisted you, please give me a positive rating. If no,t respond back....Thanks