Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a fridgidaire refrigerator. The compressor keeps cycling

I have a fridgidaire refrigerator. The compressor keeps cycling on and off. I smell plastice burning and see some smoke from the electrical connection at the side of the compressor.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up this model number please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK

Ok the problem here is the start relay has failed (common problem) this will need to be replaced.

To do this remove the retaining clip, then pull the start device off the side of the compressor, disconnect the wires then pull the capacitor off. You can then replace the start relay in reverse order.

Click here to order the replacement start relay

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please reply with any further questions you may have.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.