Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Bosch nexxt 100. I put the washer in a normal wash

I have a Bosch nexxt 100. I put the washer in a normal wash cycle the detergent gets washed away. The washer will not fill or agitate. It will not spin but will drain. I here the Relays clicking but water will not go into the washer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

I'm a bit confused how the detergent can get washed away (which goes directly into the washer) but then you say no water enters the washer. Can you please explain?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

it will wash the detergent. But when the water should be coming into the washer it doesn't. Water should be going into the washer and then start agitating. I put the washer on spin to drain the water out it will not spin.

So again, that doesn't make sense. The water that goes through the dispenser and flushes out the detergent is the same water that fills the tub. The tub never gets full and that is normal.

Please start a cycle with no clothes inside. Wait for the washer to stop filling and do you see any water in the tub? It won't be much, but there should be a pool at the bottom of the tub.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

yes there is a little water in the tub. You can call me or I can call me.

(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>
Unfortunately I can not call you nor can you call me. All conversations must be conducted through this text box.

But that being said, it doesn't sound like you have a fill problem, the washer is filling and draining but the washer is not moving at all. This is a fairly common issue for Bosch and it means that your bushing on the motor have gone out. Now in Europe, the bushings can be replaced separately, but here in the US they made it so the entire motor must be replaced so that they didn't need to import so many different parts. Either way, the part you'd need to replace is the main drive motor and that costs about $250. You can access the part by pulling the washer forward and removing all the screws going into the back panel. Remove the back panel and you'll see the motor mounted to the bottom of the tub. Below is a link to the motor you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for motor

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

really. okay. I just need to make sure this is what the problems is before I go out and buy a motor. Can I buy a set of bushings from Europe and what is that part number.

You can not unfortunately. It's a completely different motor that runs on 220 volts over there. The entire motor would need to be replaced since this is a US model.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.