Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a Maytag Neptune high eff stacked washer/dryer front

I have a Maytag Neptune high eff stacked washer/dryer front loader and the washer will not spin anymore does everything else but wont spin on any cycle

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

So it will wash for you and everything, but does not spin out at all? Does the door lock light come on also?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you have the serial number for the unit?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When it get to the spin function, does the water drain and just keeps trying to balance itself?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

water drains the barrel just keeps rotating back and forth as if it is just washing. the clothes are still soaked

Do you know how to access the tub area of the machine to check the out of balance switches?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not sure how where they are

they are item 16 in the diagram below
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would have to pull the unit away from the wall

This is all accesible from the front of the machine, you need to remove the hinges for the door and there should be 2 mode screws on the opposite side, this will let you remove the front of the machine...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok I will get back to you after I do this

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just ot the panel off and pushed the switch and then tried to have it spin it did not work

when resting they should show closed with a meter, if they sense an out of balance they will not allow the unit to spin..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how many switches are there

there is one on the bottom and one on the right hand side of the tub.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I found the one on the bottom I will look again on the right side

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

found it I pushed in both switches and still did not spin

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

are you still there

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did not see a meter the switches look like circuit breakers with a whit tip push switch

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello I hope we are still connected because I been have charged the full price already now I have to run an errand be back shortly so we can finish this thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello I aqm back are you still around to help me

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
lost contact with him and I have replied 4 times and have received no answer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
lost contact have replied 4 times and received no answer
I am back, had a small emergency, I am saying test the switches to make sure they work, DO you know to test a switch?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not really I can access the bottom one easily but not the one on the side of the barrel it towards the top very difficult to get to

These switches you need to remove the wires and hook them to an ohm meter, they should read closed with the button out and open with the button pressed in.