SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

Hi I working on old Thermador double oven CT227NW-3 cooling

Hi I working on old Thermador double oven CT227NW-3 cooling fan working non stop. I replaced main control, Selector Switch,thermostat, check oven sensors they good,but fan working not stop.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 1 year ago.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this.With all the other tings you have replaced it sounds like you have a stuck isolating relay. The older units used a separate relay apart from the relays on the control for the cooling fan. The relays for both ovens are located up top and sit alone. Do you have a multimeter to test if I get you specific wires numbers? Let me know and I'm sure we can figure this out. Sam

Customer:

Yes I do have a multimeter. Isolating relay locates on top right corner looks like see threw glass, what this relay do. Do you have part number ?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

I'll look up the part numbers right now, should be accessed from the top of the machine, near the rear.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

So Thermadore doesn't keep anything online for this old of a unit. They arn't showing any diagram. I have replaced these older relay before. You may be able to field fix the part. It is about 3x5x1" gray with 2-4 wires coming from it mounted up top. You can test continuity but if you look at the part you can see the very large relay arm stuck if it is.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

If its fused you can bend the arm out file the contacts and bend the arm back. You should have a peice of paper in that upper area put there by the manufacturer to show power from board to fan to relay back to board.

Customer:

What this relay do.

Customer:

How its look like.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Near the fan itself there is a switch with some paper on it. The air moved by the fan closes the switch. The switch closes the relay with tells the board the fan works. If the relay gets stuck the fan stay on. The relay is 3"x5"x1" under the top cover of the machine, on the side near the rear, has 2-4 wires going to it and it has a flexible arm that moves to close electricity.

Customer:

You mean sail switch.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

the sail switch is near the fan, I am referring to the relay for that circuit. The relay does not look at all like a modern relay it is 10x bigger and a different size. It should be in the area listed above.

Customer:

I found one relay on the corner it's by Deltron Control see threw plastic same wires coming there from thermostat and selector switches.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Can you see the area in the middle thats the contacts?

Customer:

Looks like 3 contackts

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

HERE is a picture of the part

Customer:

Is this a part i need or just look like I need look for part number.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

This is the actual part.

Customer:

No longer available.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

I don't know that you will be able to find many parts for this machine, as I said its so old thermador is no longer posting info on it. Let me check a good vendor I use to see if they have any. One moment please.

Customer:

Thank you.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

So I was unable to find one. I checked the 5 most reputable online retailers. The only thing you could do is try and take it apart and file the contacts. No matter what you are going to have a hard time find parts in the future.

Customer:

Thank you.

Experience: Licensed Appliance Journeyman