Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My frige beeps 5 times every minute. the door was ajar but

My frige beeps 5 times every minute. the door was ajar but is now closed. the temperature display says hi. How do I stop the beeping
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the door was left ajar, you will need to wait for the refrigerator to get back down to temperature for it to stop beeping. Now depending on how long the door was left open, you may need to thaw the vents out. If the unit gets too much moisture, the vents through the walls of the refrigerator will build up frost and if that happens, you'd really need to unplug the unit and leave the door open for 24 hours to make sure everything thaws out.

Otherwise, if the door was left open for 30 minutes or less, you should just need to shut the door and wait a few hours until the temperature inside the refrigerator gets down to temperature and then it should stop saying that the temperature is too hi on the display and stop beeping.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!