Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

whirlpool gw395legb3 oven range. e1 f3 error message.when

whirlpool gw395legb3 oven range. e1 f3 error message.when trying to bake. oven does not turn on and gives error message after about 2 minutes. replaced sensor even though it tested good with an ohm meter. also replaced solenoid because I got error message to do so when my wife started self clean. oven shut off with door locked. this is what started the problem.
replaced oven computer "control" what ever its called about 2months agoand oven was working fine for 2 months
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the F3 E1 is definitely a failed "oven sensor" but it seems as though you already know this. Parts should be warrantied for 90 days through the manufacturer, so if the oven sensor tests good again, I'd go to the dealer you bought the control board and warranty it out in case it came defective. Other than a bad control board, if your oven sensor is approximately 1080 ohms at room temperature, then you just have a bad wire connection between the sensor and the control board---there is nothing else that can give you this error.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

forgot to mention I checked for continuity from purple wires from sensor to the 2 purple wires at the control. and they checked fine. should I assume my controlboard is shot. it worked for 2 months .

I'd still check the sensor for resistance first to make sure the sensor has about 1100 ohms. But checking for continuity through the 2 purple wires doesn't tell the whole story I'm afraid. The heat from the oven can cause the connections to get loose or expand resulting in an error that appears if the issue doesn't show up until after the oven had been heating for a bit.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

yes makes sense to check new sensor. no dmm here at the moment.

just pressed clean on oven to see what would happen with new solenoid.

door did not lock and got same e1 f5 errorthat I got when trying to clean oven befor. does this tell us anymore?

ps as to the continuity. the oven does not start in bake mode . goes directly to f3 e1 so wires are cold when problem occurs