Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

My Frigidaire front-loading washer wont start. I select the

My Frigidaire front-loading washer won't start. I select the settings by pushing the buttons, the panel lights up as usual, it acts like it is about to start, then the no spin light comes on and the washer stops. All of this happens within a few seconds.
This same question was submitted two years ago and it exactly describes the issue I am having. Our washer, however, does not have the LCD screen so I can't get an error code. I went ahead and followed your instructions and removed the rubber boot and cleaned out the change catch, which was full, by the way. I put everything back together and I am still having the exact same issue. Any suggestions for what I can try next?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Here is the tech sheet so you can give me the error codes that you found..

Click Here

Tell me what the codes are.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The tech sheet doesn't come up for me. Is there anywhere else I can find it?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Try this

Click Here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. I tried to get the error code and instead of getting flashes indicating a number I got one beep and long flash and then the lights went back to normal.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
You are not doing something correct or you have a bad user interface board. try it again..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I ran the diagnostic test and that gave me error code 23.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
That is a bad drain pump causing the error, if you cleaned out the pump of all the coins and everything, then you will need to replace the pump itself.. you can click on the blue link below to order it for your machine..

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

In the manual it says it could possibly be the console control board or a wire. How can I be sure it isn't one of those?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Check for the 120 volts at the pump, if you have the 120 volts there then the pump is the problem. I suspect it being the pump causing the problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Your welocme, let me know how it turns out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me how I would check for the 120 volts at the pump? I don't want to just jump to replace the pump if it could be a control board issue.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
If you hook your meter to the terminals of the pump and start the machine just before the unit shuts down on you, see if there is 120 volts there..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not having a voltage meter, I went ahead and ordered the part (knowing I could return it if needed - what a great company). It got here today - a day early - and our machine is up and running again. Thank you!

The only strange thing is that when I run the diagnostic cycle, a few of the options don't run anything but nothing shows up by way of an error code. And it doesn't beep at all at the end of each diagnostic cycle. Any thoughts?

Thank you, again.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
The diagnostic should not be bothered, but since it works now. Fantastic