Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have an kitchenaid freestanding Icemaker model kuic15nrts1.

I have an kitchenaid freestanding Icemaker model kuic15nrts1. Sequence of operation is correct. Fills, circulates, then flushes, then fills and then compressor, fan, recirc pump comes on and begins its freezing cycle. Then sometimes within 5 seconds, sometimes up to 1 minute the unit begins to flush water out and after water is out evap coil continues to freeze then harvest cycle begins with or without the evap thermistor attached. Then this continues to repeat over and over.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my assistance when we're done. Please talk with me first before rating negatively.

You may have a bad or defective evaporator thermister have you ohmed out the thermister?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did write that with the evap thermistor detached it would do this. With the thermistor detached from control there should be a 25 minute freezing cycle before harvest initates.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have already replaced the control board as well. The thermistor resistance drops as it gets colder.

OK great,

There was a bulletin out on this issue for your unit. They have a problem with the water level sensor in the water. Replace the water level sensor and it will work fine again. This was a big problem causing all the issues you are having.

If there is nothing else I could help you with please rate my assistance.Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well it turned out to be the smart valve but I thank you for the attempt.