Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Can I get detailed help in telling me how to open up my new

Can I get detailed help in telling me how to open up my new GE Dryer
Model GFDS260GF0WW
I need to convert the dryer to run on Propane.. I have the conversion kit.. YES I AM A LICENCED PLUMBER / Gas FITTER..

There are no instructions within the installation manual on how to acess the gas valve area.. Where we purchased the dryer wants to charge us $160.00 to come out and take it apart so I can do the conversion... Can you help me with this?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So there is a trick to this dryer that helps to know in order to take the dryer apart. You need to pull the knob off on the control panel. That will expose a screw behind the knob. Remove that screw and the control panel will pull up and off so that you can remove the screws going into the front panel. Open the door and remove the 2 screws below the door way and the front panel should pull off so that you can install the conversion kit.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There are 3 screws accross the bottom of the door.. Do I need to take all there out? they are evenly spaced accross the bottoom of the door.

So to be clear, not on the door itself. The screws you need to remove are the ones below the door way on the front panel of the washer which are exposed when you open the door up. But you are correct, there are 3 screws below the door way on these newer models so you'll want to remove all 3. I believe only the 2 outside ones need to be removed because the center just holds on a door "guide" to help the door shut correctly, but it won't hurt to remove them all.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Give me a minute and I will let you know if it works...

ok good luck