Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

cant find a model number or serial number on my GE Monogram

can't find a model number or serial number on my GE Monogram refrigerator. Suggestions? I have looked everywhere and even had a GE technician here who could not find it. It appears it was removed by the previous owners who built the house 3 years ago. We just moved in 3 months ago and fridge is not holding it's cold.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The model number is XXXXX hidden on these GE Monogram units. There is a service panel above the refrigerator/freezer door at the top of your unit where the compressor sits. You need to remove this panel and the model number will actually be on a sticker behind this panel.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

the panel opens up but and I am looking inside the top of the refrige but not sure what you mean by "remove the panel" can you clarify?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
That entire panel above the refrigerator pulls off so that you can work on the compressor and refrigeration system. Once you remove that top access panel, there should be a sticker with the model number and the model usually starts with a "Z"

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

stuck to the compressor?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
Not on the compressor, on the sheet metal panel somewhere that encloses all the sealed system unit.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

so remove that sheet metal panel (unscrew it)?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
No, it would be on the front of the sheet metal panel
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

no - It appears that it was removed. The previous owner bought it from a scratch and dent place. so no info on the fridge and no #s. The unit isn't holding it's cold in the fridge. While it is set to 34 degrees it is at 47 degrees while the freezer is at -3 degree when set to 3 degree.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
If it was removed, you're going to need a technician out at the house to look the unit over I'm afraid. Since the freezer is over cooling in the freezer and not cold enough in the refrigerator, it sounds like your damper assembly inside the refrigerator has failed and isn't allowing enough air into the refrigerator, but you will need someone on-site to be able to try and get parts and look the unit over.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

The GE guy was here and said they can't do anything without the numbers and won't help us and would be surprised if anyone can help us without the model number. Just call another independent appliance expert outside of GE?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
Yes, someone can help. I'd be able to help if I was there. But it will be more difficult and unfortunately no everyone is willing to put in that kind of effort.