Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

sharp carousel II convection microwave oven R-9H83 from sears. suddenly

sharp carousel II convection microwave oven R-9H83 from sears.
suddenly the fan keeps running when the oven says done, even
when the door is open. can this be fixed?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this issue can be fixed, but the internal cooling fan running means that the microwave thinks that 1 of the 3 door switches has failed. Now you could have a failed door switch or the display control board itself could be bad and the display board isn't reading the door switches properly. It's definitely not easy to access the switches since all the screws going into the outer shell of the microwave must be removed and the outer shell pulled off so that you can access the switches through the right of the microwave, but you'll need a multimeter to test continuity through the switches to see if they are working even once you get the unit open if you know how to test them. If they all test good, then the display board would need to be replaced, otherwise the faulty door switch just needs to be replaced.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I guess we need a new microwave because the oven was continuing to run while the door hadn't been opened yet when the food was cooked. I'm pretty sure the panel costs too much to replace. Thanks for the info

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Alright well I wish you only the best.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.