Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have removed the two screws on my GE Model #gsd4000n20bb

I have removed the two screws on my GE Model #gsd4000n20bb sump cover but the cover won't come out. It's VERY loose but appears to be trapped by a circular piece of plastic that's beneath the spray arm. The one screw that holds that piece is protected so that I can't get a ratchet head over it.
How do I get the sump cover completely out?
Chuck
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So it's a bit hard to explain how the filters all come apart but below is a video that shows you how to take the wash arm off as well as remove the filters so that you can remove them for whatever reason, usually this is done just to clean out the sump or filters.

CLICK HERE for video

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I can't get the first step, removing the washer arm. We reviewed the utube video over & over but there is no angle or rotarion that allows the arm to lift out.

I'm not sure what to say, that arm just pulls straight up and out if you're twisting it counter clockwise. Nothing else holds it.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Ok. U tried. Great video. Thanks.

I'm not sure why you're running into issues, but sometimes things just get a bit stuck and need to be forced somewhat. I do want to say that there are 2 plastic clips toward the bottom of the base that the arm clips into that you can push a flat head screwdriver in to pry back the clips and the arm will pull up if there is a way to get the screwdriver down to the clips. Below is a picture of the base and clips I am referring to.

graphic
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc