Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Bosch WFL2060UC washing machine starts to spin up then stops

My Bosch WFL2060UC washing machine starts to spin up then stops and then repeats after a pause. It does this even with nothing in it.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So unfortunately this issue happens when the washer thinks that the tub is out of balance. Since the issue also happens without any clothes inside, you know that the clothes aren't the issue which means you actually have a problem with your washer. Open the door and spin the basket to make sure it spins freely without friction or clunking. If the tub spin smoothly then you're down to a bad control board or motor. There is a tachometer built into the motor that measures the way the motor spins and sends a signal to the control board if it's not spinning properly. Unfortunately this is not something that can be tested because the sensor isn't testable. Generally the motor itself is the part that fails and the tachometer inside can't be replaced separately so the entire motor would need to be replaced. Still I think it would be best to order the part from because they are one of the few places that will allow you to return the part if you end up not needing it and need the motor control board instead because it's not reading the sensor properly. Below is a link to the motor you'd want to order from for your model.

CLICK HERE for motor

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!