Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

What is needed to repair an icemaker that no longer makes and

What is needed to repair an icemaker that no longer makes and delivers individual cubes. The scoop seems loose and the spindles won't produce separate cubes; rather it makes a long block of ice--spindles embedded. What gives??
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my assistance when we're done. Please talk with me first before rating negatively.

The motor for finger auger goes bad. The problem is they do not sell parts for this unit and it is considered a throw out by the manufacturer. There is not really anything you can do for it unless you could find a used harvest motor. Sorry for the bad news I just fix them, but remember I do not make them:) So please do not kill the messenger.