Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Have a WBVH5200J0WW front load GE washer. Replaced the door

Have a WBVH5200J0WW front load GE washer. Replaced the door seal, no problem. Went to run after putting everything back, get normal display, machine clicks 4 times, but sounds wrong. Door locks, sounds like cycle starting, no water moves, no spinning. After running clock down 3-4 min the machine stops and blinks. Tried diagnostic mode, followed directions, get 4 beeps which sound normal, but nothing on the display, got out of diagnostic mode, turned on cycle and got display. Tried diagnostic mode a few times - same, no display. Any ideas on what to do next?
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my assistance when we're done. Please talk with me first before rating negatively.

Are you sure you have all the plugs plugged back into the door lacok assembly. Check that as if it worked before and not after the tub boot, you likely have a plug off the door latch assembly.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Did not disconnect the door plugs from the plastic assembly. Will double check, why would that affect the diagnostic display being blank?
Did you take the front panel off at all or the control console?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, to replace the door gasket, just checked - there was a loose connection on the door lock assembly, when I plug it back in, is there a certain cycle to use or not to use?

Check the wiring there and on the console. If you took the console off you may have not gotten the cables back in right. You have a loose connection for sure. Any cycle should work just fine so it should not matter. Go over all the connections you disconnected you have one not in all the way for sure.