Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

FW3801LW2. It will not empty out all the water from the drum.

FW3801LW2. It will not empty out all the water from the drum. There is probably no more than 1/2 gallon of water left. I did eight loads of clothes today and did not have this problem until the last load. The pump and drum are working, but the water is not pumping out. I have checked the drain hose. It had some water in it. I emptied it and placed it back in the pipe. The water still does not pump out. What else can I do?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So on this particular washer, you will need ot take it apart to check the hose between the drain pump and tub. This hose has a lint catch screen inside that commonly clogs up over time and stops the washer from draining. If the drain hose itself is clear, then you either have a bad drain pump that isn't producing the correct pressure or a clog between the tub and pump. Below is a video that shows you how to access the pump so that you can check for a blockage in the hose between the pump and tub. If you find nothing there or in the pump itself, replace the drain pump.

CLICK HERE for video

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!