Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

On Oct. 24, 2012 we asked and had answered a question about

On Oct. 24, 2012 we asked and had answered a question about our GE Profile, serial # XXXXX 762130 2ww, model # XXXXX The expert was Bryan a home appliance tech. We have finally been able to get the part suggested just recently. Two days ago, my husband installed the new Infinite control switch following Bryan's instructions to the letter. When my husband tested the stove burner in question it did not work. We are wondering if there is another problem that could have escaped Bryan's attention. Is there something else we could try?
Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 6 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

The original question is not shown here, I would need to know the complete problem again and what part numbers you replaced from the previous tech

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

In Oct. 2012 we asked about our GE Profile, serial #AR2 762130 2ww, model #PB970T0M. The right front burner would not come on. Bryan (JustAnswer Tech) said that it was the Infinite control switch part # XXXXX and gave us explicit instructions on where to buy it and how to replace it. We just recently purchased the part and my husband installed it using Bryan's instructions. He is sure he got all wires, etc. in the right places, but the burner still won't light up. Could there be another issue going on here?

Expert:  Chas replied 6 months ago.
This is the large 12" element you are having a problem with, correct? If so does it have a separate switch to change from a smaller burner to a larger one or is it controlled by the infinite switch you replaced?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Yes, it is the large 12" element. There is only one switch for the burner; turn to the right for large element, to the left for small element.

Expert:  Chas replied 6 months ago.
9 times out of ten it would be the infinite switch when both burners will not heat, however the problem is most likely a bad burner itself as it is fed from infinite switch, I would have replaced the front right burner and would have tested the original switch to make sure before replacing it. You can order the correct burner for your range by clicking on the blue link below..

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Expert:  Chas replied 6 months ago.
If you open the oven door and look up there shoud be 2 to 4 screws holding the top in place, when you remove the screws you can lift the top up to repair the burners...