Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My kenmore dishwasher clean light is flashing. Someone else

My kenmore dishwasher clean light is flashing. Someone else on your site had this problem, but the buttons they were told to push to start a diagnostic cycle are not on my machine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you re-send the model with a space between each number so that I can see it?  The website is blocking the model because it looks too much like a phone number so all I can see is XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

6 6 5 1 7 5 9 2 2 0 2

Ok you need to try and reset the control board. Press "high temp scrub, Air Dry, high temp scrub, Air Dry, high temp scrub, Air Dry, high temp scrub, Air Dry"

All the lights should go solid at which point you press cancel to reset the board.

If the control board doesn't reset, then it will just need to be ordered and replaced because it's just shorted for one reason or another. If the error does go away and comes back the next time you run a cycle then there may be a reason for it related to the water not heating, but for now just try to reset the board and you should be good to go again.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thank you. Once I hit cancel the light started blinking again. Looks like it need a new control board. Would you recommend replacing the control board, or just getting a new dishwasher?

So replacing the control board is really not all that difficult so if you're handy, I would just replace the control board. The part number is(NNN) NNN-NNNNand it costs about $140 for the part. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order with a video at the bottom of the link that shows you how to replace the board.

CLICK HERE for part and video

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thank you very much! That's just we'll do.

no problem and I'm sorry about the bad new today.