Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a Kenmore Easy-Clean electric stove Model C880-6305890

I have a Kenmore Easy-Clean electric stove Model C880-6305890 and i believe the LF burner is not working because of the infinite switch.When turning the switch it is very hard to turn (unlike the others) and the 'red light indicator' does not light up.This indicator shows the burner is 'on'.
I need the part number for this switch and instructions for replacement.
Thank you.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my assistance when we're done. Please talk with me first before rating negatively.

Since you live in Canada I can not lookup the part for you, you would need to use Sears in Canada to lookup the switch. I can however gove you instructions to get it out. Just let me know if that works for you or not.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please provide instructions.Thanks.

You need to unplug the unit and pull it out. Remove the knob for the bad burner switch by pulling it off. Then remove the 2 screws on either side of the burner knob shaft. Go behind the unit and remove the screws on the perimeter of the rear panel and take it off. Once off you will see the switch and should be able to slide it towards you as it will no longer be mounted. Remove the wires one by one and transfer them to the new switch and reinstall.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your help.