Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash Quiet Guard deluxe dishwasher that

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash Quiet Guard deluxe dishwasher that is four years old. The problem I have is it is repeating the wash cycle. Kind of like it is trying to go thru the cycle and it is not working so it is trying again. I always run hot water before I run the dishwasher. It drains well with no problem. What do you think is the problem? The model # XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Does the dishwasher just keep running in wash? Or does it drain the water, wash, fill and repeat over and over?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, just the wash cycle. It is washing for a little bit then stops, then start again in a few seconds then after a bit stops again. Like it is stuck in a loop.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
But when it stops does it drain the water out or does it just sit there and do nothing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Water still in, does nothing

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Ok so it sounds like the logic in you control board is just bad and it's acting like a rinse only cycle. Try to flip the circuit breaker off or unplug the unit for 60 seconds to see if the electronics will reset. If none of that works, the control board itself would need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, so I buy Kenmore for how many years because of the quality and reliability and a four year old dishwasher loses a circuit board? If the board is definitely the case, ordering it online how much should it cost? And can I do the replacement myself? And if I can, could you please give me the directions on how to do it.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If your handy you can replace the part yourself. Just unplug the unit or turn the circuit breaker off and then open the door and remove all the screws around the border of the oil net door liner. The door will split apart and you can swap out the control board. The control board is usually about $150 and you can buy on at searspartsdirect.com if you enter the full model number which actually starts with 665.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

LOL, yeah I oopsed on the model number, old eyes. What is the actual part number of the board and the exact name so I get the right one? I see two different ones for my model on another site. Obviously you know what an "oil net door liner" is - are you just talking about the liner of the door? And I unplugged the unit for five minutes and am running it thru "normal" cycle which is the one I had problems in and I think so far so good, we'll see. If it does seem to work, would it have been just one of those things that happens?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry that wan auto correct that messed that sentence up. I meant to say "inner door liner". And yes sometimes control boards just need to be reset and that's it. If you end up needing the board, the part number is XXXXX that you would need to order.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

And there is only one board? Or if there is more than one in there, which will be the one I replace?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
There is only one board. The board I linked to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The board I linked to you?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
No. The part number I gave you 2 posts ago
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your assistance. Been running the DW while we have been on here, thought it was ok. Nope, still doing it, oh well. Thx again

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Alright well I wish you the best, XXXXX XXXXX do take 2+ hours, but if it won't finish then the board will need to be replaced.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

And an FYI, I thought I told you in an earlier post. You suggested I just unplug it for one minute, did it for five and it has been running fine since!!!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
awesome, I'm glad you got it all up and running again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

LOL, and how many times it is just something simple! You saved me some big bucks!!! THX

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Not a problem at all. Have a great weekend.