Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

My KithchenAid model KEBC107KSS04 electric single oven shows

My KithchenAid model KEBC107KSS04 electric single oven shows nothing in the display, however beeps when you press a button. It was working fine until now. Ive already tested the thermal fuse in the back and it is good. Any other suggestions?

Jon :

Hello

Jon :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am authorized Kitchenaid service tech and I can help you today.

Jon :

Please allow me two minutes to look up your model number. Be right back.

Jon :

ok. Got it. Thank you for being patient with me as I get the tech sheets and manuals and diagrams for your machine.

Jon :

OK. so on your oven the control panel is unresponsive to any buttons and there is no display as well?

Jon :

and when you hit any buttons or try to set it to a bake cycle it will just beep?

Jon :

just want to make sure I understand you correctly?

Customer:

that's correct

Jon :

If so, This actually happens often. And most of the time it is after a homeowner runs the self clean cycle for hours.

Jon :

ok. here is what you need to do.

Jon :

flip the circuit breaker off to the machine and wait 1 minute then flip it back on. if the beeping comes back as soon as power is restored then you need a new main control board. But if the beeping doesnt come back until you actually press a button on the display board, then you need a new display board.

Jon :

If the oven works fine this time after reseting it, then you have gotten very lucky and all you needed to do was reset the machines control board one more time.

Customer:

When I restored power, the oven did beep, and the display worked briefly (about 1 minute). The clock was working (it hadn't before) and if showed "PF" in orange on the display. Now, nothing is on display.

Jon :

ok. so if the display did work breifly and the unit did show pf that just meant there was a power failure.

Jon :

this happens often.

Jon :

you need the main oven control board. that is the board behind the front display board. it is the main oven control board.

Jon :

let me get the part info for you now.

Jon :

the main control board is part number W10438709.

Jon :

it can be ordered here. just clcik the link below.

Jon :

just pull the oven out of the wall a bit to get to the screws behind the control board. remove the scrwws and drop the front display out of the way. you will then see the main board behind it.

Jon :

just unscrew the main board and replace with new one. of course doing all of this with power off.

Jon :

it is just that easy.

Customer:

Why does the part say Whirlpool?

Jon :

kitchen aid is made by whirlpool.

Jon :

i see this happen all the time.

Jon :

at least twice a week.

Jon :

and like i said before, usually after the oven was in a self clean cycle.

Jon :

if the display tried to come on and showed a pf code then it is the main control board that needs to be replaced.

Customer:

At $340, should I just by a new oven? What are the chances the part will not fail again? I've never used self clean cycle.

Jon :

please get back to me here if you have any other questions or concerns and i will help you more.

Jon :

that is up to you. usually it works just fine after the change of the board.

Chris,

Thanks again for the positive rating. It is greatly appreciated.

Should you have any other questions or concerns with this machine please feel free to get back in touch with me here at any time and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again.