Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

the start button will not start the dishwasher. the only buttons

the start button will not start the dishwasher. the only buttons that work are the cycle buttons. and I noticed the lock light is on.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker around the frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will look again for it. I did not see it earlier

Alright, good luck. Just let me know when you can.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't see that it says a model # XXXXX there is a bank of #'s

So that is actually the serial number that you have listed. The model number will start with letters and it'll be near the serial number. The model will start with "M" for Maytag.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there is a # XXXXX was stamped but it not readable anymore.

OK, so just so you understand---getting the correct parts will be quite difficult without your model. You'd need to remove the part and bring it to a parts store to see if they can get a part number off the part and match it up.

That being said, try to unplug the dishwasher for 60 seconds or turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher to see if it will reset. If that won't reset the electronics, then press and hold the heated dry button for 5 seconds to see if the lock will be removed. And if none of that works, your touch panel is just defective and the entire touchpad would need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue.