Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Model ATF8000FS1 I try to turn the washer on but the pause

Model ATF8000FS1 I try to turn the washer on but the pause sign keeps coming on
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

When the display is showing PAUSE, it means that the washer thinks that the door is not shut or it has opened mid cycle. This is the most common problem that these Frigidaire Affinity washers get. You can make sure that the door is securely shut and also make sure the 2 prongs on the door that go into the door latch have not broken off. If everything looks good, then the door latch itself would need to be replaced.

It's actually a fairly easy part to replace if you're handy. You'll need to unplug the washer and open the door to start with. Then there is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off. From there you can pull the gasket back out of the way. Remove the screws going into the door latch from the front and reach behind to replace the door latch assembly. Below is a link to the latch assembly you'll need to order and replace for this model.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!