Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My over the range microwave runs but is not heating anythi

My over the range microwave runs but is not heating anything
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Can you open the door and look on the side wall and get the full model number off the tag ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

jvm 1850bd002

okay on these microwaves the magnetron is the common failure, this is what heats the food. this is a pain to replace and the microwave has to come down and the case removed ,Also you have to discharge the high voltage capacitor before working on this. If you think you can do the job heres a link to the part, order here its around $122.00, I hope this helps, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Bryan, thanks for your help, this microwave is 11 years old, would you recommend a new one as oppose to fixing it, or can thesee go on forever?

If its that old you may want to consider a new one at this point since you have to remove this one anyway. also there may be other issue that could pop up in the near future , The new microwaves are not expensive you can get a new one for around $199.00 in most cases.