Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

HOW TO REPLACE OVEN DOOR SPRINGS ON G.E. MODEL JRS06 24" SINGLE

HOW TO REPLACE OVEN DOOR SPRINGS ON G.E. MODEL JRS06 24" SINGLE WALL OVEN INSTALLED IN 2006.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

The different adjustment holes are normally there to give you different tensions on the door, as and if the springs become weak.

Normally you would start at the nearest holes to the springs. If the door is too "floppy", select the next holes

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Rob, the rt. hand spring came undone at both ends when I stupidly removed the door[hinge snapped back and undid spring at both ends]. Is it possible to reconnect it at both ends through the hinge hole with a hooked pc. of clothes hanger etc. or do I have to pull the oven out and remove side panel[probably easier in the end].If this is the case I need to know where the rear connection point is.--If necessary I have to pull oven out and remove side panel then I will remove the left also and connect the rt. spring using the same connection points as the left.-----your call-Thanks-------Next time I promise I won't be so stupid.What better way to spend a Sunday. Thanks again. Dan

Hi Dan

lol

Unfortunately you will have to pull the whole unit out.

Get a table near the oven. Put down an old blanket on it.
Get someone to help you pull it out. Its heavy AND awkward

Remove the two sides and you'll see the spring arrangement. They will probably still be attached

Good luck with it

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

To Rob, The night owl.---That is what I figured.Thanks again for your advice and such a quick response. I assume it will be evident how to take side panels off[screws,etc. . If not I'll get back to you.--Ok?--Have another cup of coffee to stay awake. Have a good one. Dan

Hi Dan.

Your welcome.
Shouldn't be an issue with the side panels.
You may need to open the doors to see if there is some down the front, otherwise pretty straight forward.

Can i ask you to rate my response using the smiley faces

Thanks
Rob