Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Frigidaire PLD4050RHC1, the circulation motor stopped

I have a Frigidaire PLD4050RHC1, the circulation motor stopped working and I replaced it. Now, whenever I close the door (with the unit plugged in), the circulation motor immediately runs nonstop, even if I haven't started a cycle. I have run the service test and it still runs when it should be stopped, i.e. when the tub is filling with water and heating/ draining water. I have taken the pump out and checked all of the connections, everything appears to be in great condition. Any thoughts on why the motor runs continuously?
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my assistance when we're done. Please talk with me first before rating negatively.

If the main wash motor runs like that the only thing that can be wrong is a stuck relay on the control board itself. The control board is in the console and would need to be replaced. Sometimes when the motors go bad the relays get fused. Pretty common. Here is a link to the part number all I ask is that you rate my assistance thank you!

CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there a part number and location on the PCB for the relay that is bad? I would rather change a cheap relay than spend another $150 to replace the whole board.

Unfortunately they do not sell the parts on the board separate and there is not much to identify the relay you would need and it could have damaged one of the transistors as well. You can go to this link and get it repaired and returned for 79 dollars, but that is about the best you can do given the issue.

CLICK HERE