Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a PRG366JG Range and it displays "Error Comm" on the

I have a PRG366JG Range and it displays "Error Comm" on the display
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Unfortunately this is one of the more common issues for Thermador and it means that the front display board isn't communicating with the relay control board. If the unit is less than a year old, just call warranty and they'll take a look at it at no charge to repair whatever is wrong. If it's over a year old then this can end up being quite a big pain. You would need to take the oven apart and check the wires between the front display board and the relay control board under the cooktop which requires a specialty tool to remove the cooktop. If everything checks good, then either the display board or the relay board has failed and there is really no way to test which one has failed for certain, but generally the display board is the part causing the problem so that's the part that would need to be replaced first.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!