Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Bosch vision 500 series washer wont spin and no error code.

Customer Question

Bosch vision 500 series washer won't spin and no error code. Anything we can try or do we need a repairman?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Does the washer still turn the basket like normal during the wash cycle? Or will the basket never turn at all?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

It won't turn at all.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
OK but it does still fill and drain correct?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Yes.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
OK so unfortunately it sounds like the motor itself has failed. There are bushings in this motor that on the European models can be replaced separately, but on the american models the motor is only sold as an entire assembly. You'd want to pull the washer forward and remove the screws going into the back access panel so that you can remove the back panel to make sure the belt is still connected to the tub. If so, then the motor mounted below the tub would need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Can you give me an approximate cost for that? Would I be better off getting a new machine is what I'm wondering. This one less than 2 years old.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
I wouldn't think you're better off getting a new washer, but it is unfortunately to have a fairly major issue on such a new machine. The cost of a new motor is usually about $200 so if you had a technician come out and replace it you'd probably be looking at $350 total with trip, labor, and part.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thank you!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
No problem and again I'm really sorry about the bad news.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

We ordered the motor and installed it and nothing different is happening. Have any other ideas to try?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
If the motor didn't fix the issue and it won't move the tub whatsoever or give you an error code, really the only other possibility is the motor control board itself if it thinks that everything is working normal but it's really not. The motor control board would need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Is that something do-able by the average handy person or would that require a tech? And do you have a guess on cost for that by chance?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
The part is all plug and play so you should be able to handle it if you replace the control board yourself. If you follow the wires from the motor, they plug directly into the motor control board. The part usually costs about $200 or so as well.