Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

HI JON, GOT AN ERROR CODE F01 ON MY WHIRLPOOL SPORT DUET WASHING

Customer Question

HI JON, GOT AN ERROR CODE F01 ON MY WHIRLPOOL SPORT DUET WASHING MACHINE. BASICALLY, IT GETS TO THE STEP WHERE IT FILLS UP WITH WATER ALMOST HALF WAY AND THEN IT STOPS AND DOES NOT PROCEEDS. I THEN HAVE TO OPEN THE DOOR ON THE BOTTOM AND OPEN THE HOSE TO RELEASE THE WATER, THEN I CAN UNLOCK THE DOOR BY PUSHING VARIOUS BUTTONS. DO I NEED A CCU OR CENTRAL ELEC CONTROL OR MAYBE A DRAIN PUMP? THANKS.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Jon :

hello

Jon :

please give me two minutes to look up your model info. be right back.

Customer:

thanks

Jon :

you got it.

Jon :

ok. got the info right here.

Jon :

did this happen all of a sudden?

Jon :

has it happened before at all?

Customer:

yes, this is the first time

Jon :

ok. good.

Jon :

how old is the washer?

Customer:

about 4 yrs

Jon :

ok. still pretty new then.

Customer:

yes

Jon :

have you tried unplugging it for about ten minutes then plugging it back in to reset the main board?

Customer:

yes i have..

Jon :

ok. do you here any relays click from the board under the top of the washer?

Jon :

sorry hear.

Customer:

no sounds, it just stops altogether, but when i start to push the lock, start, off, buttons, u can hear a click like relay as if it wants to continue to next step i guess

Jon :

ok. good.

Jon :

here is what is happening. the f1 error is a communication error between the ccu and mcu boards.

Customer:

i see

Jon :

which just basically means the machine can not tell if it is working properly and will stop.

Jon :

so what you first need to do is check to make sure all conncections are made at either boards and that there are no loose wires.

Customer:

ok, so its an electrical prob as it states on manual trobuleshoots. should i open it then

Jon :

if no loose wires then check that the door is fully closing and locking, which i think you said it was, then unplug the washer again then plug it back in.

Jon :

if the error comes up right away then it is the user interface board.

Customer:

ok,

Jon :

but if it doesnt come back until you start the washer then it is the main ccu board under the top panel.

Jon :

yes. remove the top panel and check that there are no loose wires to the ccu board. to remove the top panel remove the screws on the back of the top panel and pull the top panel off.

Jon :

you will then see the board on the side of the machine up top.

Customer:

ok, it is the ccu that i will see then

Jon :

if no loose wires and the door locks properly when closing it but still get the f1 error replace the main control board.

Jon :

it happens often

Jon :

yes. the ccu. not the interface board which is the board with the buttons and controls.

Customer:

the main control board should be my first step then in changing

Customer:

are u able to tell me where should i buy them from? Sears where i bought machine or go to whirlpool intead or an independent company for best price

Jon :

independent is always better and cheaper. the part number for the main control board is W10205839 should cost about $225-$245.

Jon :

it can be ordered here

Customer:

ok, i will look into this then

Jon :

clcik the image above for the parts and ordering info. you can order directly from that link. they will send the board out to you.

Jon :

yes. please do. I see this often and about 80% of the time it is the main board.

Jon :

good thing here is that the parts warehouse i sent you to will accpet the part back after it has been installed if it doesnt fix your problem. but i believe it will fix it.

Customer:

very well jon, as this point it's probably not wise to get a tech out here if he's going to tell me the same thing u told me i suppose

Jon :

if you have any other questions please get back to me here and I will help you more.

Customer:

very well then, i will talk to my wife and let her knoe we need to get this part and come to purchase it. will this conv be saved i can go back and see what i need to do?

Jon :

please remember to rate my performance positively with ok service or better rating below this chat now.And if you have more questions or concerns after rating me please come back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Jon :

you can always come back here to see what is written after you rate me positively.

Jon :

and you will also be able to save and print as well.

Customer:

very well Jon, thank you have a great weekend

Jon :

you as well. I am glad I could help.

Customer:

u bet

Jon :

have a good week end. and remember I will always be here for you if you need me.

Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Adolfo,

Thank you again for the positive rating. It is greatly appreciated. Should you have any other questions or concerns please get back to me and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again.