Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

we have a whirlpool washer model #wtw6500ww1. It is a top loader

we have a whirlpool washer model #wtw6500ww1. It is a top loader with no agitator. At the start of the rinse cycle, it stops and displays an "ol" (overload) message. The machine is not overloaded and not out of balance. The load is actually quite light. We tried a few times with the same results. The machine has seen light use over the years. Thank You

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Does this happen on every load?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes

Whirlpool has had a few of these made with this problem popping up, they made a repair kit for it, not hard to do, you will need to replace all 4 suspension rods in the unit, you can click on the blue link below to order the correct part for your washing machine.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

Here is also a video on how to replace it on your machine.

Click here

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Why would that cause an overload message instead od an unbalanced message?

Lets get the actual numbers from the computer, here is how you can get them

graphic

Let me know what codes are logged..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there another page?

Did a picture come through on the last post? what showed up in the display when you did it?

If 88 comes up then it will start a 8 step test, other wise another set numbers will show up in the display.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The 88 came up, then it went thro a test cycle

did it run all the way through with no errors?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

Then you need to replace the suspension rods as I listed earlier to repair the problem... There are no other error codes logged so it just keeps thinking you are overloading which this repair should take care of.