Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have Kenmore Ultra wash dishwasher model 665.13123k that

I have Kenmore Ultra wash dishwasher model 665.13123k that is not draining. I have checked the hose and air for clogs and there does not appear to be one. I remover the drain hose at the pump and I can see the propeller turning. I replace the drain hose and added water and ran the drain cycle but the water did not drain. I was wondering if the propeller is supposed to move forward into the chamber or if it is stationary? Do you have any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So did you replace the drain hose that connects under your wink or did you replace the drain hose that connects right up to the drain pump since there are 2 drain hoses on this unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I Did not replace the drain hose. I just looked for blockages.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK sorry I thought you meant that you replaced the drain hose because you said "I replace the drain hose and added water" but I guess you meant that you re-installed the drain hose. Alright, so you need to uninstall your dishwasher and drain all the water out that you can manually.  Remove the drain hose and blow through it to see if it's clear.  The drain hose should be really clear and even if it's filled up with water is should blow right out. If you get a lot of resistance while water is in the drain hose but once the water is gone it blows clear, you have a problem with the drain hose. You want to replace that drain hose that comes directly off the drain pump because there is a back flow preventer inside this hose that failed all the time stopping the dishwasher from draining very well or at all.  You can try to stick a flat head screwdriver through that 90 degree angle to get the backflow preventer un-stuck if you wanted to try that as well. Sometimes that will get the flap working again.

If the drain hose checks good, then remove the drain pump and look for and debris that may be blocking the drain pump impeller.  Put everything back together and re-install the dishwasher to try again.  If the dishwasher still doesn't drain, then you'll want to check 120 volts with a multimeter to the drain pump when it should be draining.  If you're not getting 120 volts to the drain pump then you need a new control board inside the door.  Assuming you are getting 120 volts, your drain pump would just need to be ordered and replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Does the drain pump impeller, fan blade, move forwards into position or does it remain stationary?

Do you have the part number for the pump?

Where do I place the contacts for the multimeter to test the voltage?

Thanks,

Joe

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The drain impeller remains stationary. All it does is rotates when it receives power. Below is a link to the drain pump you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for drain pump

Also, there should only be 2 wires going to the drain pump so just unplug the wire harness and test power between the 2 wires going to the drain pump to make sure you have 120 volts getting to the drain pump.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.