Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Type your question here. I have DE482 electric dryer the problem

Type your question here.
I have DE482 electric dryer the problem is on auto dry permant press it stays hot but does not time out, and the air fluff cycle is warm not cool it does time out. I did put in a new timer. The auto dry also does not time out but gets hot. The time dry does time out.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the reason why your dryer isn't advancing and timing out on permanent press or any other automatic dry cycle other than "Timed dry" is because it's not heating properly. On the automatic dry cycles, the timer only advances once the cycling thermostat has been tripped due to the drum getting to the correct temperature. If that never happens, then the timer won't shut off. So your issue is that the dryer is not heating. Now that can be caused by many reasons, but you also stated that the air fluff cycle is heating which means that your heating element is grounding out. The heating element would need to be ordered and replaced to fix all of these issues you're having.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had heating element replaced 10-10-12 could it be something else.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Not if the element is heating during the air fluff cycle. Only the element would really cause this issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok going to run air fluff cycle for 15 min . Just to make sure it gets hot can I get back to you.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK good luck.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.