Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Im getting a dE error code on my WM2770CW washer. I know

I'm getting a dE error code on my WM2770CW washer. I know that indicates a problem with the door. There isn't an overload condition. I've heard that it could be the solenoid that controls the door lock. Is that a reasonable conclusion or are there other possibilities?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the solenoid that controls the door lock is all part of the door lock assembly. The issue definitely has to do with the door lock itself so open the door and make sure that the prong on the door that goes into the door latch isn't broken. If this prong called the "door actuator" isn't broken then you'd need to replace the door lock assembly because it's just not functioning properly. It's actually a fairly easy part to replace if you're handy. You'll need to unplug the washer and open the door to start with. Then there is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off. From there you can pull the gasket back out of the way. Remove the screws going into the door latch from the front and reach behind to replace the door latch assembly. I will say that the model you have listed won't pull up exactly so I'm not sure if it's 100% correct. To double check, the full model is located on a sticker just inside the door way on a sticker and can be seen if you just open the door.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This was excellent advice Tyler.

Thank you,

Chris Ottesen

Not a problem. If you want, I can link you the part but I would need the correct model number because something just isn't quite right with that model you have listed although it is close.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I pulled the part. It's part #6601ER1004C. I'm looking to see if I can find it locally in the Seattle, WA area.

Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to know who has one locally in your area, but I know that if you have a Sears Parts and Service Center near you, they often carry LG parts locally.