Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

The child lock is on and will not turn off even pressing Energy

The child lock is on and will not turn off even pressing Energy Saver Dry as directed

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Have you tried turning off the power to the dishwasher for 5 minutes to see if the computer will reset for you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I turned it off for a minute. I will go turn it off for five

okay
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just turned power off for more than 5 minutes. Only change is that the child lock light is iow blinking red where it was steady red before

The flashing light tells me that the touchpad has a short in it and causing the problem.
You can click on the blue link below to order the correct part for your machine.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory